Total Pageviews

Monday, March 26, 2012

Take This Job and Love It

Kurtis wrote:

Dear Rod,

I've been working at this same job for the past fourteen years and I am getting somewhat burned out on it. I work so hard and get so little praise. It does pay our bills and offers a little left over, but I come home in the evening so tired and feeling so negative toward my job that I often want to say, "take this job and shove it." I borrowed that from some country song, but that is the way I feel.

Then when I see how much taxes they take out, it got me to thinking about where that money goes. I know a lot of it goes to entitlements. I have a neighbor who hasn't worked for years and keeps on getting government assistance. It makes me mad that I work so hard at a job I dislike so much while there are others collecting government benefits that I am paying for.

Do you have any advice for me?

Fed up,

Kurtis

Dear Kurt,

I hope I can call you Kurt because I am going to anyway. But thanks for writing and spilling your guts and bad karma all over my blog site. And, yes, I do have some advice for you.

First of all, you are like a lot of Americans who hate their jobs but like the money. If the money would be better for you on welfare.... you'd be on welfare. But for some reason it isn't and that might be the result of your hard work that your boss is showing appreciation to you through your handsome paycheck.

Secondly, write your congressman instead of me. I can't do anything about your taxes or the entitlements that are paid out, but your congress man can. In fact he already has by making these entitlements available to begin with. Write him and tell him how mad you are.

Thirdly, quit spilling your guts about your job. If your boss ever finds out you won't have a job for long. And please don't tell me that you already posted these comments on PaceBook. I can guarantee you your boss looks you up on PaceBook at least once a week. You need to start telling everyone how much you love your job and how good your boss is. I'll bet you will like your job more, and you'll quit scowling when the boss walks into the room.

So my advice to you is "take this job and love it." Then do me a favor, write me after you get a raise, but write your congressman if you don't. Just don't apply for welfare and then spend the rest of your days sitting in front of the TV eating chips and drinking beer with your neighbor.

By the way, I'm digging a 70 foot long ditch with a shovel today, want to join me? You can take this job and "shovel" it.

Committed to Crazy Advice,

Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment