Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Max Gripes About His Accountant

Max wrote:

Dear Rod,

Every year I go to this tax preparation agency and it seems like every year they assign me to this woman that is old enough that she must be getting senile or something like that very soon. She is so old she can hardly see and she uses a walker to get around. My wife and I sit there doing all we can do to keep from laughing. Once I even had to get up and go outside pretending that I had a cough. But I was laughing so hard that my eyes were watering.

I sure hope you have some advice for me because I don't know if I can stand it another year.

Max

Dear Max,

Where did you say you are from. It sounds like you have the same tax preparer that I do. And yes, I do have some advice.

As humorous as your visit to that tax office may be, stick with your preparer. She is probably the smartest one in the office, and your tax papers will be correct. I found this out the hard way. My wife and I had a similar experience. To keep from laughing at the old lady I resorted to drinking water, but at one point even that couldn't stop my laugh and I had to get up and fein that I had a cough. My wife was experiencing much of the same. We thought, how could that old decrepit lady have her mind about her enough to prepare taxes.

Well, the next year we went to another person at the same agency. She seemed to know her business, and, wallah! she had our taxes done a fraction of the time as before.

Well, this year I went into that same tax agency to get some information. They brought up my tax form from the year before and, oh, oh,..... part of my taxes were filed wrong. Guess who found the error..... the squinting old lady who was pushing a walker around. I went home and told my wife about it and told her...."I'll never make fun of Ruth again."

Max, there is a reason these old people work there. First of all, they are the only ones in the office that know the whole tax code and the agency badly needs them. Secondly, these old ladies need the income.

I suggest to you that when you go to get your taxes done, make like you have a weak bladder so you can get up and run to the can whenever you feel an uncontrollable laugh coming on. But don't laugh too hard because you have the best tax person in the office.

Write me and let me know how it works out.

Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment