Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 12, 2012

They Don't Get It!

Boaz wrote:

Dear Rod,

I don't think that Bernice and Jesse get it! I'm sitting here in Estes Park, Colorado enjoying a great cup of coffee and the best carrot cake I've ever eaten. It's not all about the coffee. Sometimes you have to go to where the carrot cake is. I'm looking out this window at the beautiful mountains and the Big Thompson River running below me and I am thinking, "Where else can I get this?" So I think that Bernice and Jesse need to smarten up.

Sincerely,
Boaz

Dear Boaz,

You must have been an unwanted child in order for your parents to give you a name like that! And keep talking like that and you will be an unwanted husband, too. Bernice and Jesse might not get it, but you don't have to belittle them. By the way, are you married to Bernice.... or ..... Jesse? Is this a family feud that is going on here? Did Jesse buy the Prius yet?

The problem here, Boaz, is that most men don't have a clue about the likes and dislikes of their wives. And I hope I am saying wives singularly. It's really all in how you ask them to go to coffee with you. You don't just say "let's go to coffee." You gotta say, "how would you like a nice hazelnut latte or mocha frap?" Then she will say, "Where?" Then you will say, "How about that nice little coffee shop in the mountains where the scenery is so nice?" Then she will say, "Who's car are we taking?" And you'll say, "We'll take the Prius so we can save on gas." Then she'll say, "I'm all for saving money. It's cheaper than going to some chick flick, so let's go." And now you will save some money because you won't need that expensive divorce lawyer.

So I'm guessing that if you are not married to Bernice or Jesse, you must be married to Ruth. I haven't heard from Ruth, yet. Do you mind if I call you Az for short?

Hope everything works out for you.

Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment